Friday, February 17, 2017

Snowdrops, Simba and Hat Gifting

Hello!  I have certainly been enjoying seeing Snowdrops in bloom on many of the blogs that I read.  I just went out for a jaunt around the yard to capture some images of my darling little volunteer flowers.  I love how they self-spread!  These are right under the bay window in our family room.


We have a massive patch of them in our front entry walkway.  



They must love oak leaves.  :-)



Walking back to the deck I spied Simba, our ginger tiger cat that graces us with his presence.  I always talk to him in a soothing manner.



But as soon as I began walking toward the deck he slunk down and went under the deck to avoid that dangerous woman with the camera.  :-)


After a ridiculous amount of rain this month, we're having ONE dry day.  Wahoo!  They say the rain returns tomorrow.  wah.



The pond in winter is not as attractive as it is in Spring and Summer.  Did I tell you that we lost our two huge Koi during that last horrible freeze?  I was very sad.  We'd had them for 4 years or so and they'd survived other freezes, but this one went on too long and they perished.  Oddly, the two little goldfish survived.



I met up with my new friend Natalie on Wednesday and gave her the hats that Meredith and I made for her and her friend.  She promised to send a photo of the two of them wearing their hats soon.  We asked a passerby to take this photo of the two of us.. she's way cuter than I am!  :-)  She loved the hats!



Do you have any weekend plans?  My younger sister Denise is coming out here tomorrow and we're going to string some turquoise beads and make a bracelet for her.  I might work on my new beads for a bracelet, too.  I'll take some snaps.

News - 45 did a press conference yesterday - he told a bunch of lies and bullied the news reporters - it was not easy to watch.  But I did watch because I want to be informed.  So many bad things have happened lately, they are defunding the National Endowment for the Arts, defunding the Environment Protection Agency, Immigration officers are arresting Mexican people that have no criminal backgrounds, taking mothers away from their children, fathers away from their families.  Much much more.. please read this NY Times article.  Click HERE.

((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to see your snowdrops Teresa
    I'm sorry to hear you lost your koi. Glad you got a sunny day. We're promised a mini heat wave over the weekend...17c...whoop Whoop. Enjoy your weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listened to that news conference and was happy not to have watched it. 45 and his antics are nauseating. Good work on the hats! Haven't seen any snowdrops here but did notice some pussy willows this morning on the bush out back. Daffodils are beginning to sprout as well. We have blue skies today also, and it's a very nice change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe your koi perished. We only ever had the little goldfish - I wonder if they are somehow hardier?
    Did you see the sunset tonight? I was off work just in time to watch it get more intense as it went on for 40 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous snowdrops Teresa, they are out here as well. How sad about your fish, I'm sorry they didn't make it through the winter. I saw a little of that press conference, 45 gave the BBC reporter short shrift and managed to insult the integrity of the BBC and CNN all in the same breath. He's feeling under attack I think. I'm glad everyone is keeping the pressure on. Well done on the latest hats, nicely done. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The snowdrops are beautiful, they are appearing in little patches here and there locally. Sorry to hear about your Koi, such a shame. The temperatures are starting to rise here I was out and about today with just my sweater. I am struggling to get a link to work for the properties we are looking at my daughter is visiting today so I will get her to try for me. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to see Simba - I hope that one day he'll be comfortable enough to be more friendly. Poor Koi - I often wondered how they coped in your winter. Sad to hear that they didn't make it this year ;(. You and your friend look good in your hats. I'm trying to beat a deadline on a baby blanket I'm making for charity and after I finish, I might have to try making a pussycat hat. Have a lovely weekend. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the snowdrops! Yep, scary times. I think 45 has dementia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Teresa love the snowdrops I've had only one appear :-( How sad re the Koi Like others i saw some of the news conference and thought he was so rude but he is making such a fool of himself. Thanks for the pattern, I will give it a try. Just recovering from flu :-( Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your snowdrops are beautiful, love the close up you took! Such a shame your koi didn't survive the big freeze this time...I find it amazing that the fish ever do...but am sorry to hear this as you had them so long. This afternoon it is spring like here and we are off for a walk soon. I hope you have a happy weekend (despite all the political turmoil causing so much worry) and send you a big hug.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh those snowdrops are so beautiful. I have to commend you for keeping informed but I'm having a hard time with it myself. Just watching 45 gives me the creeps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had a short break in the rain yesterday too. A bit of sunshine was nice for a change. However, there are no flowers to be found around here. There is still about 2 feet of snow in our front yard. I hope you and your sister have a wonderful time today with your beading. Those are very cute pictures of Simba but I was sorry to hear about your koi. It's been a hard winter all around.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your snowdrops are pretty. Maybe I should get some soon. Sorry you lost your koi. Not cheap to replace, is what I hear. We had a fun time with family for birthday time today. My sis came down and it was so good to see her again. We had no rain yesterday and only a bit today. Hope you had a good time with your sister being creative with your bead work! Happy weekend! :-}

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought I commented on this post, but maybe I did not hit publish. I love the snowdrops, we don't have them here. And of course the photo of you two with your hats on. Your new friend looks thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful snowdrops! Hope you had a fun time with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting that republicans like McCain are making comparisons between dictators and 45's behaviour. I had heard about threats to the national endowment for the arts on Australian radio before 45's inauguration. I suspect it was on the agenda for that party regardless of presidential nomination. It saddens me that we are living in times where the arts (and humanity) are undervalued for the sake of bean counters and the economies of big business. This trend is also reflected in the kinds of school subjects and university courses offered. People take arts for granted but if we took then away, people would notice and jump up and down; e.g. no cinema, no music at functions, no computer graphics, no dances etc. Could you imagine the superbowl with no entertainment or advertising? Who would design their uniforms? These things are all arts. I wish people would jump up and down more about preserving and supporting the arts before they disappear.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)